How To Install Custom ROM In Android Devices. This is the most asked question when you want to do more with your android Device.
So, You Just Come to The Right Place and Without wasting your time let’s get started. First, of we Have to know that what is Android ROM.
What Is ROM ??
A file contains the executable instructions of an Android OS and affiliated application. The “stock ROM” comes pre-installed on your phone or tablet, while a “custom ROM” comes from a third party. The custom ROM is a uniquely modified OS, For example- Cyanogen, or a stock version which is available for older devices as well as for new devices before the vendor release date. And there is also another term named as Flashing ROM Described below.
Flashing ROM ??
Basically Flashing a ROM means installing the stock or third party system image into the device’s internal flash memory. Flash memory holds the Android’s firmware, the same as most other portable devices with an embedded OS.
What is the use of ROM ??
Custom ROM and the use of it is that you have the flexibility to do whatever you want to do with your Android device. You can install Different Custom ROM in your device every day and Enjoy the feel of new Android phone Every day. You can not only install Android’s custom ROM you can also install IOS ROM also. SO, you get what I mean you can enjoy the feel of I phone on your Android device. Sound interesting… so, here is the all steps and method of installing Custom ROM in your Android Devices.
How to install Custom ROM on Android Phone
Things to keep in mind before installing Custom ROMs
- Make sure to unlock the bootloader before you install Custom ROM on Android Phone.
- Your Phone Must be Fully charged.
- Root your Android Phone.
- You need to have successfully installed CWM Recovery or TWRP Recovery in your Android Device before installing any of Custom ROMs.
Disclaimer Installing Custom ROMs on your Android Phone is a risky procedure and we will not be responsible for any of your loss caused while performing any of the methods.
Read more : How to root moto g6 plus
Let’s Install Custom ROM on the Android Device Using CWM Recovery.
- Step 1. First of all, make sure that you have fulfilled all the requirement for installing Custom ROMs in your device.
- Step 2. After completing all the prerequisite, download a proper Zip file of the Rom you want to install in your Android device. It totaly depends on you that what type of ROM you want to install in your Android device so, just go and browse google and find what type of ROM you want to install in your device.
- Step 3. After, successfully downloaded the custom ROM, put Your file into the internal storage of your device or in the external storage of your Android Device.
- Step 4. The next step is to boot into CWM recovery.
- Step 5. So, to boot into CWM recovery you have to Shut your device off. After switching your phone off, now with the help of your thumb and index finger press power button and volume down button simultaneously without any gap of a second. By doing this way, you now booted your Android Phone into CWM recovery.
- Step 6. After that, you will see various options in the recovery mode and one of the important step or option is to backup your current Android Phone firmware by selecting this option you are safe to installing Custom ROM in your device because if anything goes wrong while installing custom ROM, your device will be restored.
- Step 7. Now you have taken a backup of you device, Now, we need to perform a factory reset of the phone before installing any of the Custom ROM’s.
- Step 8. For that Purpose, go to Wipe Data/ Factory Reset > Yes-Wipe all user data and wipe cache by going to Wipe Cache Partition > Yes-Wipe Cache.
- Step 9. Now to install custom Rom on your Android Phone, go to Install Zip. Then choose Zip from SD cardand then select your zip file from internal storage. Then, Select yes Install Zip File.
- Step 10. Wait for a while, and don’t interrupt between the process of installing Custom ROM wait to get completed.
And you are don here! You have successfully installed custom Rom on your Android Phone.
Read more: How to root redmi note 4
Install Custom ROM on the Android Phone Using TWRP Recovery
For installing Custom ROMs via TWRP Recovery, here is a step by step process for the same.
- Step 1. Make sure that you met all the requirements mentioned above in the article before starting the installation process.
- Step 2. Then, boot your phone into TWRP recovery. After that Switch off your device and then press Power button and volume down button at one time.
- Step 3. Make sure to take a complete backup of existing ROM before installing the custom ROM on the Android Phone. So that, if something went wrong, you can restore your current data without.
- Step 4. Then, Go to Wipe and then Swipe to factory reset.
- Step 5. Now you all have to do is just go back and click install and select the custom Rom Zip file. Then swipe to confirm Flash.
- Step 6. Lastly, press back and reboot your Android Phone.
You have now successfully installed Custom ROM through TWRP Recovery on your Android Phone. Thanks for visiting how to install custom rom on android device