So, in this blog we will show you how to root Motorola moto E5 Play with these simple steps. You have to just follow these steps precisely and your device will be rooted without facing any problem. We have also added steps to install twrp recovery on Moto E5 smartphone. So, without wasting any moment let’s get started.
- Force Stop any antivirus pre-installed on your smartphone if you have.
- Take proper and full backup of files and contacts.
- Make sure to Charge your device above 80+ percent.
- Open your mobile “Settings” and click on “Developer Option”and switch “ON” .
- Now simply turn ON “USB Debugging Option” on same settings page.
- Just Open “Lock Screen & Security” in settings and after that switch ON “Unknown Sources” tab.
- ADB and Fastboot installed on PC
- Motorola USB Drivers installed for your device
- TWRP File
- fstab files.
- Latest Magisk
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM and modding files on Moto E5 using TWRP to customize your smartphone
- Ability to use Xposed Modules using TWRP.
- Quick Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.=
- Easily remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery On Moto E5 Play.
- You can easily underclock and overclock your processor.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data in few seconds.
- First of all the things in simple language we are gonna tell you that we are not responsible for any kind of damage or problem you face during and after the rooting process we are just sharing the rooting process so you can root your Moto E5 easily. So, keep in your mind unlocking the bootloader is not simple as you think.
- You are responsible of what you are doing with your device.
Now Just Follow These simple Steps
Step 1: Unlock Bootloader.
Step 2: Flash TWRP Recovery.
Step 3: Flash root File.
Read more: Root Moto G6 Plus mobile
How to Unlock Moto E5 Play Bootloader
- Now Simply Enable The Developer Options on your Device (All you have to do is just go to setting and tap on build number rapidly again and again till developer option is enabled.
- Now, Enable USB Debugging under Developer Options in your Android device.
- Enable OEM Unlock under Dev Options
- Follow the Motorola Bootloader Unlock Prodecure on Motorola’s Customer Support Portal
How to Install TWRP recovery on Moto E5 Play
- First of all download Magisk zip package, TWRP 3.2.1 E5 Play and fstab files from the prerequisites section above.
- Put these 3 newly downloaded files in your adb/fastboot directory on your computer.
- With your mobile turned on and booted into Android, connect your device to your PC using your mobile’s USB cable.
- In Command Prompt and cd to your ADB/Fastboot directory
- To check your device is connected, run “adb devices” (you will need to approve the initial connection message on your device)
- You have to manually copy twrp_james.img to your phone’s external sd card or
Code:adb push twrp_james.img /sdcard/
- Simply run “adb reboot bootloader” to reboot your mobile to fastboot mode.
- Now boot directly to TWRP recovery with
Code:fastboot boot twrp_james.img
- Now simply make a full backup and store the backup on your moto e5 external sd card or just transfer to your PC.
- Inside TWRP, Reboot->Reboot Bootloader
- When your mobile is back in fastboot mode, flash TWRP to your recovery partition.
Code: fastboot flash recovery twrp_james.img fastboot reboot recovery
- Your smartphone should now reboot to TWRP now on your recovery partition.
Read more: How to root redmi note 4
How to Root Moto E5 Play
- Boot into TWRP recovery, now run the following in your ADB terminal
Code:adb shell mount -o,rw /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/vendor/vendor adb push fstab.qcom /vendor/etc/fstab.qcom
- Now From TWRP menu: Wipe-> Format Data
- Copy magisk zip to newly formatted data partition
Code:adb push Magisk-v17.2.zip /sdcard/
- From TWRP, Install Magisk zip
Now, all you have to do is just simply Reebot your device and your Rooting process is all Done. Source XDA. Hope you have liked our article on how to root moto e5 play and install TWRP recovery on it.