A painting or art is a reflection of the artist’s mind. Umakant Tawada is a young and budding artist in the world of art and painting. Umakant is known for his mesmerizing and serene paintings of Buddhas. Tawada is a contemporary Indian artist whose monk-like paintings speak through the colours and gives a soothing essence to whosoever looks at it. Tawada has a very different style of art and playing with colours.
Buddhas and Buddhism are a symbol of peace and serenity in the Indian culture. Umakant is an artist which enhances the beauty of monks and sages depicting how peaceful their life is. Umakant was born in Jalgaon of Maharashtra in India and has graduated with a BFA from Sir J.J. Institute of Applied Arts in Mumbai. He lives and earns his livelihood in Mumbai, India. Inspired by his experiences in the Tibetan region, his paintings incorporate symbols of one’s spiritual journey like a prayer wheel, lotus and Lord Budhha. Umakant Tawada has a surface style of art as “Canvas”, and the subject is “Religious” most of the times.
The expressions and activities of the Buddhist Monks, Dalai Lama-the spiritual leader of Tibetan Buddhism, are portrayed by him in Acrylic painting on Canvas.
While painting the calmness and spirituality of the monks and sages creates a sense of soothing energy in Tawada’s Paintings, and it can be seen in his paintings.
Some of the Solo shows done by him are:-
- World art Dubai in UAE in 2017
- Affordable Art Fair, Singapore in 2016
- India Art Festival, Mumbai in 2016
- World art Dubai, UAE in 2016
- India Art Festival, Delhi in 2016
- India Art Festival, Mumbai in 2015
- India Art Festival, Mumbai in 2014
- Jehangir art gallery, Mumbai in 2014
- Museum art gallery, “Manifesto Peace” Mumbai in 2010
- Jehangir art gallery, “stillness speaks” Mumbai in 2009
- Museum art gallery, Mumbai in 2008
- Museum art gallery, Mumbai in 2007
- Gallery Leela.Mumbai in 2006
- India art gallery, Pune in 2005
- Museum art gallery, Mumbai in 2005
- Nehru centre art gallery, Mumbai in 2004
Some of the Group shows done by him are:-
- Js Art Gallery, Dubai in 2014
- Painted Rhythm Art Gallery, Mumbai in 2013
- India Art Festival in 2013
- Tilting Art Gallery, Pune in 2011
- Gallery One, Gurgaon in 2010
- Layers of calibration of Indian art, New York in 2008
- Harmony art show, at Nehru Centre, Mumbai in 2006
- Singapore in 2006
- Legacy art gallery in 2006
- India art gallery in 2006
- Galleria in 2006
- India art gallery in 2003
- Derby art gallery, Dubai in 2002
Umakant Tawada regularly exhibits his paintings in the exhibitions that are held in India or even abroad. You can also order his paintings online, which are very soothing to look at.